It’s that time of the year again. The summer holidays are coming to an end and the countdown is on to the start of the new school year. Most of the children look forward to seeing their friends again, but for some students (and parents?), this could be a reason for worry and sleepless nights.
But fret not – Feng Shui can help kickstart your academic year!
Here are 6 easy tips to help you (or your child) to have a great start into the new school year and success throughout.
1. Bring fresh energy to the new school year.
Get new notebooks and pencils ready for the first day back at school and, if need be, buy a new school bag. This will symbolize a fresh start into the new academic year.
2. Well-organised school papers will keep school clutter to a minimum.
- Arrange a designated space for school books for each student/child.
- Put all the things needed for school work into another specific space (eg near their study desk).
- Sort out your/your child’s books and donate or recycle any books that don’t fit into your/their current lifestyle any more.
- Except for the most recent issues, recycle all magazines, catalogues and circulars.
3. Check the orientation of your/your child’s study desk and choose the best possible facing direction.
This is important. According to the Eight Mansions formula of Feng Shui, each person has four auspicious and four inauspicious directions, based on their date of birth. For studying, the best direction to use is the “Personal Growth” or the “Sheng Chi/Success” direction.
4. Activate the Education Sector:
Find the NE sector of your study room (or your child’s bedroom) as this represents “Education Luck” according to the Eight Aspirations Formula of Feng Shui. Take the compass reading while standing in the middle of the room. Once located, activate the NE area with one of the following auspicious symbols:
- A crystal globe – and twirl this daily. The NE sector belongs to the earth element and twirling the globe represents “big earth”, thereby activating this sector for study and academic luck, and fun for your child too!
- A crystal point with wisdom mantra – every student should own a personal study crystal to energize for academic achievement. Let your child choose the crystal themselves as it should feel comfortable in their hand. They can hold the facetted crystal point when studying and place it in the NE of their desk when they are not using it. Using a study crystal helps to keep the focus and is said to improve the memory.
- A study amulet to keep in their pencil case or attached to their school bag.
- The abacus and brush are often used together – the abacus symbolizes intelligence whereas the brush symbolizes creativity.
- A figure of a carp crossing over the dragon gate – symbolizing scholastic success of the highest kind.
- A 7-level pagoda is an excellent energizer to help with concentration.
- A figure of Luo Han, one of the 18 Chinese saints, this wise sage brings auspicious luck related to studies, strategy and academic rank and is highly recommended for school or college-going children.
5. Take advantage of the energy of the current year.
In 2019, the No 4 Star of Romance and Scholastic Luck flies into the NORTH. This means, you can also place any of the enhancers mentioned above (in Point 4) in the NORTH sector of your home or in the NORTH of the student’s room.
6. Check your study room (or your child’s room) for poison arrows.
Sharp corners or open shelves can send out poison arrows, which can cause discomfort and illness. Have a good look around the room and ensure you/your child are not being hit by any poison arrows while sitting at the desk or sleeping in the bed.
Tip: Pulling the books forward to the edge of the shelf will avoid the creation of poison arrows.
May the new academic year be a year of success!
* * *