The summer holidays are coming to an end and the new academic year at school or university is about to start.
Here are my top tips how you can help your child (or student) to have a great start at school or uni and success throughout the year:
1. Bring fresh energy to the new academic year
Get new notebooks and pencils ready for the first day back at school (or uni/college) and, if need be, buy a new school bag. This will symbolize a fresh start into the new academic year.
2. Well-organised school papers will keep school clutter to a minimum
- Arrange a designated space for school/study books for each student/child.
- Put all the things needed for school work into another specific space (eg near the study desk).
- With the help of your child, sort out your child’s books and donate or recycle any books that no longer fit into his/her current lifestyle/age.
- Except for the most recent issues, recycle magazines, catalogues and circulars.
3. Check the orientation of your child’s study desk and choose the best possible facing direction
This is important. According to the Eight Mansions formula of Feng Shui, each person has four auspicious (good) and four inauspicious (bad) directions, based on their date of birth. For studying, the best direction to use is the “Personal Growth” or the “Sheng Chi/Success” direction.
4. Activate the Education Sector
Find the NE sector of your child’s study room (or bedroom), as the NE represents “Education Luck” according to the Eight Aspirations formula of Feng Shui. Take the compass reading while standing in the middle of the room. Once located, activate the NE area with one of the following auspicious symbols:
- A crystal globe – and twirl this daily. The NE sector belongs to the earth element and twirling the globe represents “big earth”, thereby activating this sector for study and academic luck, and fun for your child too!
- A crystal point with wisdom mantra – every student should own a personal study crystal to energize for academic achievements. Let your child choose the crystal themselves as it should feel comfortable in their hand. They can hold the facetted crystal point when studying and place it in the NE of their desk when they are not using it. Using a study crystal helps to keep the focus and is said to improve the memory.
- A study amulet to keep in their pencil case or attached to their school bag.
- The abacus and brush are two symbol that are often used together – the abacus symbolizes intelligence whereas the brush symbolizes creativity.
- A figure of a carp crossing over the dragon gate – symbolizing scholastic success of the highest kind, as the humble carp transforms into a mighty dragon.
- A 7-level pagoda is an excellent energizer to help with concentration.
- A figure of Luo Han, one of the 18 Chinese Saints. This wise sage is said to bring auspicious luck related to studies, strategy and academic rank and is highly recommended for school or college-going children.
5. Take advantage of the energy of the current year
In 2022, the Scholastic Star No 4 flies into the SE. This means, you can also place any of the enhancers mentioned above (in Point 4) in the SE sector of your home or in the SE of the student’s room.
6. Check your child’s room for poison arrows
Sharp corners or open shelves can send out so-called poison arrows, which can cause discomfort and illness. Have a good look around the room and ensure your child is not being hit by any poison arrows while sitting at the desk or sleeping in the bed.
Tip: Pulling the books forward to the edge of the shelf will avoid the creation of poison arrows.
All the best for your child’s studies!
* * *